Royal Worcester

Royal Worcester can trace its origins back to 1751, when a group of 15 men founded a porcelain factory in the city.
The company opened a showroom in London as early as 1754 and printing on porcelain was invented in Worcester in 1756.
Its first royal dinner service was made for the Duke of Gloucester in the 1770s and in 1789 George III awarded Worcester its first Royal Warrant, allowing it to use the Royal Coat of Arms and the words “Manufacturers to their Majesties”.
By the late 1880s, Royal Worcester’s Severn Street factory was the home to more than 700 workers.

Filter

Showing all 13 results